So, after the second day of Santiago I made a personal decision to discontinue this blog permanently. However, after seeing the large number of blogs currently being written by my friends, I thought that I might should give this whole blog thing a second thought. Once I arrived in Arequipa, all I wanted to was sleep, but now that I've moved into my host family's house. It's time to get started. I'll have to say that it'll be much easier to write a blog this year because I have my laptop and my host family has wireless internet and they know the password unlike my last host family.
Anyways, "I Will Rise" hasn't really made much sense as a good title for this blog so far. "I Will Rise" is actually a song by Chris Tomlin. You should check out on iTunes. It's a great song and basically the theme or message of the song is that as a Christian we will rise when God calls our name in the book of life. I think that's it. I may have totally missed the message, but that's what I got from it. Now, after actually listening to the song and telling you it's theme I've just realized that the title of my blog is not actually related in the song at all. I got the term "I will rise" from the song, but in the case I meant for the title to mean something different, more like I will rise to the occasion if God presents it to me.
Ironically enough the occasion has arisen twice since I have been in Arequipa, and there'll be more to come on that later. Right now I thought it'd be good for me to leave you with some thoughts that I've been having over the past few days mixed in with random sentences to describe events that I've been apart of...
Santiago Airport
In Starbucks at the Lima airport enjoying free wireless internet.
Meeting GVI in Arequipa.
A little bit of altitude sickness. (I'm not in good shape anymore)
Barbecue with GVI. It's actually a cookout, but they call it a barbecue.
Occasion 1
Upset Stomach, diarrhea Go Pepto Bismol. (Sorry, you probably didn't need to hear that, but hey, it's life, and I'm still suffering)
Occasion 2
Blogging again!!
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment